After extensive personal evaluation it appears to me Medicaid expansion will:
- Commit substantial increases in State spending in future years.
- Decrease available funds for other needs such as education, transportation, law enforcement.
- Add extensive costs to Idaho taxpayers.
- Impose additional federal requirements to current as well as new Idaho Medicaid participants.
- Provide no mechanism to lower health care costs.
- Leave some Idahoans uninsured as well as ineligible for Medicaid participation.
- Not elimination the need for Idaho programs such as the indigent or CAT funds.
- Contain no mechanism to lower property taxes.
- Increase the Federal deficit.
- Not increase Medicaid dollars available to other states.